Re: [oletrucks] New guy, Straight axel.

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] New guy, Straight axel.
From: ADvent@thuntek.net
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 10:30:46 -0600
I live by the goat farm on south 14 near the the La Madera de Chililli Land
Grant. Just a short drive from Abq. I find nothing wrong with the drum brakes.
Neither of my trucks wander too bad. Sloppy tie rod ends and drag link cause
the wandering. My 51 has factory power brakes and I can throw the unsuspecting
person through the windshield. I can lock up both ends with no problem. I
think the straight axle is much more stronger than an independant suspensioned
truck with the exeption of the spindles which are forged like the Mustang II
front ends. Do you think your car front end will last 50 years like the
straight one did, will it go another 50?