RE: [oletrucks] Overheats at idle

To: "Allen Jones" <jonesal@u.washington.edu>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Overheats at idle
From: "Rich Gallagher" <rgallagrrr@mcn.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 20:55:57 -0600
Allen-
Yep, its an nos 261 short block I got from Tom Langdon last summer,
manufactured as a service engine in 1966, I think it was.  Hardly any rust
in the cylinders and only a little surface rust elsewhere.  If I were to
bore it 1/8" (to 3.875")where should I look for cylinders?  I'd really like
to increase the compression ratio some more than the 235 head will do and
the extra displacement would be good.  Rich Gallagher