RE: [oletrucks] Engine Stalling Problem

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Engine Stalling Problem
From: "Gene Merritt" <merrittgene@uswest.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 22:42:07 -0500
I would check that the fuel filter is not obstructed and that the float is
properly adjusted.  I'm guessing that the float bowl fills during the 15-20
minutes of rest, but is emptied in 3-5 minutes of run time and cannot
replenish itself on the fly.

You should be able to isolate the problem by disconnecting the fuel line
before the carb and running the fuel pump to verify that the stream is
constant and sufficient pressure.

On the other hand, if the float is set too high then it will not let fuel in
fast enough to keep up.

Gene