Re: [oletrucks] window glass adhesive

To: "Billy Gibson" <bgibson@internetwork.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] window glass adhesive
From: "Mark Holovka" <holovka@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 15:24:08 -0400
Folks, I once had to break the vent window in a VW bug after locking myself
out. After a few futile attempts at forcing the glass and awkward rubber, I
asked the local glass shop how in the world I could get that d#*n piece of
glass in that flimsy metal frame and they said "baby powder". Well, it
worked like a charm. I put a bead of adhesive in the channel, baby powder
lightly coating the rubber on both sides. Center the rubber and gently push,
as I remember it didn't take much force at all. Now I've got to tell you
I've got a '49 3100. Cosmo.