Re: [oletrucks] Need help

To: Dennis Gerard <GatorFiero@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Need help
From: john dorsey <jrdorsey@strato.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2000 14:25:19 -0700
Dennis,

The Tach wire is only used if you are using a tachometer. You can just
leave it unhooked.

The other wire goes to the ignition. If you are hooking it up to the
wire that ran to your old coil be sure that there is not  a ballast
resistor. It would be a white ceramic thing about 1/2 inch by 3 inches
with a wire terminal at each end, usually bolted to the firewall. If its
there bypass it, you don't want it with electronic ignition.

John Dorsey
Wauchula, FL
'49 Chevy 3800 panel
'52 GMC 640 Firetruck
'51 Chevy 'burb (by proxy)-(for sale!) pictures at
http://www.strato.net/~jrdorsey/burb/