[oletrucks] Steering wheel gunk

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Steering wheel gunk
From: B&A Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2000 22:06:28 -0500 (CDT)
This weekend is the first hot, humid weather we've had in a long time.
Suddenly there is a lot of black gunk on the steering wheel that comes off
on my hands.  I've tried wiping with detergent and water and it just seems
to keep on coming.  I assume that this is oxidation of the plastic.

Is there anything that can be done to clean this stuff off?  Should it be
sanded down when it dries?  Is there something that can be put on to seal
it and stand up to use?  You guys down south must see this all the time.

BTW, the truck is a 57 3200 with the original wheel, cracks and all.

Bruce Kettunen
Mt. Iron, MN