Re: [oletrucks] Steering wheel gunk

To: "B&A Kettunen" <bekett@uslink.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Steering wheel gunk
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2000 20:21:28 -0500
>You guys down south must see this all the time.<

Boy do I know about that black stuff that comes off the steering wheel.  So
often I've gotten dressed up for a meeting, cranked up the old '50 and
arrived with black stuff all over my hands.  And it doesn't come off without
lots of soap and water.  It is especially bad early in the morning when the
humidity is high, and everything is damp.

For a temporary fix, I've been using electrical tape, but that comes off
eventually.  And the steering wheel covers from the auto parts stores aren't
big enough for these big wheels.  I imagine it just needs to be painted.
The vendors sell steering wheel paint, along with the repair kit for the
cracks in the wheel.  That's my plan.

Smokey Culver
'50 3600 5-window (mine)
'58 Apache (hers)