Re: [oletrucks] Tailgate chains

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Tailgate chains
From: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 15:23:19 -0400
One possible thing to check if the tailgate chains aren't the "correct
length".  Check to see if the tailgate hinges have been moved up or down.
On my '47-2, some PO moved the hinges up a bit....probably because the
original holes for the bolts had rusted out or been stripped out.  New holes
were drilled slightly above the original holes....making the tailgate sit
higher on the bed.  Chains posed no problem for me because I made my own for
about $6, bolts and all.  Interesting what you can do with a little hardware
(especially when you're a cheapskate).
Tom Caperton
47-2nd 3100....in Whiteville, NC