Re: [oletrucks] Tailgate chains

To: bigfred@unm.edu
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Tailgate chains
From: miq@teleport.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 14:31:37 -0700 (PDT)
A.B. says:

> If someone moved the hinges up, my tailgate would sit fine when open
> (right?).  In hindsight I should have made my own, but like the saying
> goes: hindsight is always 20/20.

I'm pretty sure the AD trucks are a different size, but for TF, you can
still order them from the dealer--the tailgate was the same til '87.  I got
a set of new chains from my local dealer a couple years ago and they were
available immediately.  Fit was perfect.

P.S.  Got back last night from my vacation to 4500 messages, including 22
new su*scriptions to the list.  We are now over 800 members.  (I was in the
San Juan islands, saw a couple of oletrucks on the islands, one that had
been there since new, and a small junk yard with some neat older trucks
too.)

--
__
Miq Millman   miq@teleport.com