[oletrucks] 55 three-on-the-tree question

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 55 three-on-the-tree question
From: "Larry R. Kephart" <vpa@laroke.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 17:48:39 -0400
I'm in the process of cleaning/fixing the column-mounted gearshift linkage
on my 55 1st series "BillyBob". Does anyone know how the intermediate
"bellcrank/lever" assembly mounted on the bellhousing comes apart.
Specifically, how does the part called the "358829 LOCK" in the Factory
Assembly Manual attach to the shaft. Is it a press fit? It is on the end of
the shaft and looks like a flat washer with a "tang" on it. If I can get
this apart without breaking anything, I want to clean and maybe refinish
these parts. Thanx in advance for any light any of you can shed on this
little problem of mine.

Larry Kephart
1955 1st 3100 Chevy (BillyBob)
1991 Jeep Wrangler (Renegade)