Re: [oletrucks] The things you find while cleaning...

To: WILHELM GORDON <gvwilhelm@home.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] The things you find while cleaning...
From: J and M Street <jmstreet@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 20:46:52 -0700
We've heard some good stories about interesting finds in our old trucks,
such as Al and Guy's hornet nests and now Gordons mice so I thought I'd
mention my interesting find. I bought an ole '54 panel that had been sitting
for about 10 years. It had orange shag carpeting in the back which was
infested with moths. So once I got the truck home I was tearing out the
interior and found the typical old gas receipts and junk, and stuck to the
bottom of the old carpeting was a sealed envelope. I just about pitched it
in the trash but decided to open it and inside was a $100.00 bill! It had a
1970 date on it and had never even been folded. That's the neatest thing
I've found in a truck. I found some false teeth in the trunk of a '65 Impala
I bought once, but that was just creepy. -Jeff

Jeff Street
Seattle, WA
'55-2 short/step "Street's Rod-project"