Re: [oletrucks] Mechanics

To: Pastorjon994@cs.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Mechanics
From: john dorsey <jrdorsey@strato.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 20:33:15 -0400
Jon,
 I would still bet on a heater core. Had an s-10 with similar problem,
occasional leakage. It would pass a pressure test when cold. Eventually
got to the point every time it got up to a certain temperature it would
spit out some liquid then stop when it got hotter.

It finally started leaking all the time 3 days before a week long winter
vacation and no available replacement. Rather than order one and be
putting it in the night before we left, I went with a BIG bottle of Bars
Leaks. Stopped it just fine and lasted for 2 years before I had to
replace it.

I would suggest bars Leaks in the radiator, and see if the liquid stops
(or turns brown). If so its the core, if not see if a 5 year old hid a
bottle of lime drink in the dash.

--
John Dorsey
Wauchula, FL