Re: [oletrucks] Vortec heads

To: CLLLSLS@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Vortec heads
From: J and M Street <jmstreet@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 19:36:24 -0700
The cast iron Vortec heads GM part# 12558060 have fast burn 64cc chambers,
1.94" intake valves and 1.50" exhaust valves. Stock semi-dished pistons with
thin gaskets will give you about 9.5:1 compression They do require grooved
rocker arms and the 8 bolt new style intake manifold, and center bolt covers.
GM performance products and Edelbrock make high rise manifolds for them.
These heads offer the best bang for the buck -period. Jim Pace GM parts sells
them new for $418.00 a pair and Burt Greenwald sells them for $395.00 a pair.
I saw a used set sell at auction for about $250.00  I say pay a little more
and get new, thats what I did. -Jeff

Jeff Street
Seattle, WA
'55-2 short/step "Street's Rod-project" (403 HP Vortec 350)