[oletrucks] more vapor lock remedies

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] more vapor lock remedies
From: Brad Newman <bkn6@airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 16:02:01 -0500
First, thanks to everyone for the help and ideas so far with my vapor
lock question. There were a lot of questions asked, and instead of
trying to answer each individually I'll try and answer them all in one
shot.
As for my two filters, one is a NAPA brand clear plastic one that is
installed just underneath the tank, and the other is a carter bowl type
that sits just forward of the carb. All fuel lines are brand new, and I
have the clear glass top fuel pump. The tank is mounted behind the seat,
unlike the earlier models that were mounted under the bed. I have a new,
thick insulator pad under my carb, and the carb (rochester) was
professionally rebuilt about 6 months ago. The coil is brand new, as are
the condenser, points, rotor, plug wires and plugs. I did a check at
lunch and all of my plugs are getting spark, and I can see fuel shooting
into the carb when the accelerator pedal is pushed.
Hopefully this answers all the questions, and with them someone can
figure out the problem. If you need more details please ask.
Thanks folks
Brad Newman
49 3100 Deluxe
24 1 ton