Re: [oletrucks] Frame swap

To: "Nevin" <nspeerbrecker@accubite.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Frame swap
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 12:30:37 -0700
I was at a show last month and the owner of a 1954 Chevy 1/2 ton placed his
truck body on a 1987 Chevy 1/2 ton truck frame.  He had to make the
following modification:

1.  Raised the floor 4" to clear the frame crossmember that holds the tank.
2.  Lengthen the running boards 2" because he moved the fenders back 2"
3.  Fabricate the mounts for the cab, bed etc.

The truck looked really good and he incorporated the 87 gauges, tilt wheel
and seats in the truck.  He has the 1987 drive train with a 700 R4 and get
over 19 mpg.....I can't even dream of mileage like that in my truck.

Joe Garcia
Yuba City, CA
1950 Chevrolet 3100

http://chevy1.freeservers.com/