[oletrucks] [Fwd: Saw your truck!!]

To: Ole truck listserve <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] [Fwd: Saw your truck!!]
From: "Alan D. Gingles" <agingles@nucleus.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 22:49:52 -0600
--------------7FD78103701F554B59C1014A

I thought some of the restorers might be able to help this guy out.

--
Alan & Karen Gingles
Calgary, Alberta

Street Rods and other Hobbies
http://www.nucleus.com/~agingles

Alan's Hot Wheels Heaven
http://www.nucleus.com/~agingles/ALAN6.HTM

--------------7FD78103701F554B59C1014A

Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 11:08:02 -0400
To: agingles@nucleus.com
From: "Mark F. Mizikowski" <mfm10@psu.edu>
Subject: Saw your truck!!

Alan,

Saw you truck at your web site.  Very Nice Machine.  You must be proud of
it.  I am considering buying a 48 Chevy.  It has a rebuilt '52 235 with a
four speed (300 miles since), a relatively new paint job, and has been
completely restored, although it would need some updating.  The owner (a
long retired gentleman) brought it to Pennsylvania from California twenty
years ago.  From my inspection it appears to have no bondo (the owner says
it had one spot on the cab which was replaced with metal), the straightness
and fit are good, the chrome is good, has no visible leakage,  a new oak
bed, and has been partially converted to 12V.  It needs a new speedometer,
some electrical work, and a set of original wheels and hubcaps.  What we be
a fair market price, and what would be a reasonable offer based on this
information?  Any help would be appreciated since I am no expert.  I have
had the "oldtruckitis" for years, and have finally been able to infect my
wife.  Thanks for any help on what to look for?

Mark Mizikowski

--------------7FD78103701F554B59C1014A--