[oletrucks] Re:

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Re:
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 19:12:01 -0700
From: Barry Heigher <bheigher@yahoo.com>

>The last time I read any statistics on Ca, there were
>more people moving into the state than were moving
>out.  Maybe it is they who should be doing the
>complaining. I lived there for about fifteen years and
>it was rare to meet a "native" Californian.

I'm a native Californian.  I live in my great grandmother's house, which was
the only one for miles when it was built in the 1920s, but is now in the
middle of Los Angeles (well, San Fernando Valley, for those familiar with
LA).  It would be ridiculous for people here to be resentful of newcomers,
since nobody has roots more than 100 years back, and besides, it would be
like ordering the tide to retreat.  So we go happily along speaking Spanish
and eating Thai food.

In fact, one of these days, after I finish a couple of my trucks, I'm going
to move away for a few years just so I can say I lived in more than one
place my whole life.  I guess I won't be settling in Bend, Oregon, though.
Maybe someplace where it rains....

Regards,

Grant S.
54 3100 (mostly all there)