Re: [oletrucks] Re:

To: "'New Mexico Jim'" <ADvent@thuntek.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Re:
From: New Mexico Jim <ADvent@thuntek.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 06:51:08 -0600
I have to agree, it ain't about hate. Its about our mobile society. You can
blame
the internet for a large portion of it. You can check out any place any time
with
an internet connection. I am a native prune picker (Californian) and lived in
town
and ruraly there.
Where I live now is being flooded by some really uninformed people from town
wanting to be a "country boy" with chickens and cows and the whole ball of wax.
They want blacktop roads (ugh!) street lamps (double ugh!) Many don't make it
when
they discover how much it snows here and it takes then an hour just to dig the
truck out. Many are litter bugs, loud stereo playing late at night and speed
terrably on our dirt roads, kicking up dust and getting my laundry dirty thats
on
the clothes line. I understand his comment completetly. America is just too
populated. Its the same where ever you go. I hope we don't loose any members
over
this. Another problem with listservers or any typed writings is you can't hear
the
tone of voice or see facial expressions which are half of our means of
communication. Two people can say the same thing and the tone of voice changes
the
meaning 180º. Ok, Im getting off my soap box, I need the wood for something
else.