[oletrucks] Previous, previous owner

To: "Old Truckers" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Previous, previous owner
From: "W&D" <haist@jps.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 19:05:03 -0700
While disassembling my '39, I found a mouse eaten registration certificate,
dated 1981, with a name and address still legible.  Today I called
information and got a phone number and called the guy.

He was happy to hear his old truck was still alive and seemed to enjoy
talking about it.

Turns out he bought the truck, non-operable in the mid 1960's, did some
restoration and drove it for 15 years.  He said the bed and rear fenders
were so beat up, he drove it to the dump, set off the rear assembly and
drove it home as a cab and chassis.  He picked up a replacement at the
wrecking yard.  Those were the good ol days!

Oh, here's the kicker:  He bought the truck for $15.

He sold the truck in the early '80s to the guy I bought it from.  I believe
the truck was non-op from the mid '80's till now.  That means it's living
its' third life.

Oh, and I thought I got a pretty good deal at $1900!

Talk about re-sale value.!

<><
Whitney Haist
Orinda, CA