Re: [oletrucks] 6V- 12V

To: Tom3600@webtv.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 6V- 12V
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 22:11:20 -0400
It should go before the coil, in the hot wire that supplies voltage. There
is also a provision for supplying full 12 volts while the starter is
cranking only if you use the starter switch with the side terminal. A wire
goes from the side terminal to the coil to bypass the resistor. Personally I
never hooked my bypass circuit up and never had any problems starting. There
was a post at the Stovebolt site BB under electrical where the moderator
gave a Napa part # for a coil that does not need a ballast resistor. Not all
12 volt coils can be used this way, many require a ballast resistor. The
only problem with this setup is you can't use the aforementioned full 12
volt starting circuit if you so desire.

Grant