[oletrucks] RE: Column Shift Question

Subject: [oletrucks] RE: Column Shift Question
From: "Radicic, Gary" <RadicicG@osc.army.mil>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 07:28:27 -0500
All,
I have a couple of questions...My engine is running, but.. have had difficulty
with shift and clutch.  I can go into reverse with difficulty, but am not able
to put it in any forward gear.

I'm sure that there are many problems since I am still digging out the mice
nests from the bell housing.. but I suspect a primary problem is that the throw
out bearing is rusted or stuck.

Second question that may compound the problem.. Is the shift rod support bracket
that attaches on top of the column just about 4 inches in back of the steering
wheel suppose to be loose from the shift joint?  It is threaded but mine seems
to float in and out of the support bracket.  Appears stripped..>???? don't know
for sure since I've not seen any other.

Thanks,
Gary

Gary Radicic