Re: [oletrucks] I have my baby back.....:)

To: <Chevytruckster58@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] I have my baby back.....:)
From: "Lonnie L. Dickey" <mdickey@gorilla.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 17:25:27 -0500
Excuse me but you said that they "re-title the vehicle in their name"???
I thought there you must show 'proof of sale', or 'sales receipts for
parts',
or some validation of legal acquisition. How did they get your truck titled?

I guess I am really dumb. I thought that the titling process was to do at
least two important things. First, as we all know, the government want to
tax us for various projects. Second, and in this case more important, to
track stolen cars and/or parts. Am I really that loose in the grey matter?

Lets see. The police found your truck and they couldn't do anything? You
would have had a title that pre-dates the thief's. You may have had some
receipts which included serial numbers that showed you purchased them.
I assume you also had an insurance policy which almost always includes
some identification information, like a VIN, or maybe a photo. (Every
time I insure a vehicle the agent takes several pictures.)

I would, at least, write a few well chosen words to a local newspaper
editor or TV help reporter. I think there is a rather large hole in the
license and title process where you live. (You don't live near me do
 you??)

Lonnie