Re: [oletrucks] Stupid Question.

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Stupid Question.
From: Mark Mintmier <tenisguy@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 19:25:41 -0400
I picked up a rear end with positraction and disc brakes from a 1979 Pontiac
Trans Am for $200 here in Pennsylvania.  I was really looking for the rear
disc brakes, but the posi was an added bonus.  It's my understanding that one
of the benefits of positraction is that it allows quicker starts because of
less tire slippage.  Don't know if it's absolutely true, but it sounds good
to me.  You didn't say what year truck you have, but it was my understanding
that the 1982-89 Camaro rear ends were a little too wide for the 1949-53
trucks.  The earlier Camaro/Firebird/Trans Am rear ends are supposed to be
the right width, although I think only the 1979-81s had positraction as an
option.  As with anything I say, check with the other members of the list
before taking what I say as gospel, because they nearly all know more about
this stuff than I do.

Mark Mintmier
1950 3100
1952 3100
Johnstown, PA

--
Want to get paid for something you're already doing?
Go here: http://home1.gte.net/tenisguy/clickdough.html