[oletrucks] 261 Dual Carb, overheating

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 261 Dual Carb, overheating
From: JAL12147@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 20:51:52 EDT
A year ago I was helped  with an overheating problem.  I have a 261 CI  6 w/
HEI, mild cam, 1bbl Rochester.   After getting the ignition timing set
correctly the overheating problem was cured, and it ran great. I just put an
Offy 2 X 1, and Clifford headers on it and it's overheating again, nothing
was changed but the intake and exhaust.  Where do I set the inital timing?
Since there is no vacuum at the carbs, can I connect the vacuum line for the
distributor advance directly to the manifold?
I've advanced the timing even more and it still overheats.  What am I missing?
How do I get it to run right?  I've gone up in jet size (59) down (49) and a
few points in between.  The Rochesters are matched as closely as possible.
Appreciate any help, or thoughts,
John Lazar
Milford, MI
51 Chev 1/2 ton