[oletrucks] Need engine info

To: "'Chevy Trucks'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Need engine info
From: Paul Blosser <paulb@todays-tech.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 01:42:35 -0500
Okay,

I finally got around to locating the engine codes off the 350 sitting in
my 1954 frame, waiting for me to get the body repaired and set back
around it.

I've found out a couple things about the engine from its ID number
V0528TBB.  It seems this is a 1970 engine probably from a truck with
manual trans.  I looked at the heads on the engine and they have a
casting number 3927186 it looks like.  There is also a number L88 cast
into the head in large letters/numbers.  I can't seem to find the
combustion chamber size -- I guess I can assume it is 64cc but I don't
know.

There is also a number cast above the oil filter.  Initially I thought
this number
was 991 030 010 but I looked at it again today and it looks like it is
upside down and reading it upside down the numbers look like (from top
of block down) 155 (or 165) 020 010.

Can anyone shed anymore light on this information?

Next, I guess I'll get the numbers off the rearend and the trans and see
what i can find out.
Thanks,

Paul Blosser
1954 3100