Re: [oletrucks] 18 gauge panels

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 18 gauge panels
From: "WR Teto" <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 01:51:36 -0400
Leah, the 18 gauge should be sufficient, but you may need to add some support
type bracing
underneath.  If you notice on original panels, they are sometimes formed with
ribs or other shapes
to add in the structural integrity.  A perfectly flat panel tends to "oil can",
or flex back and
forth.  I added a few short pieces of 1" x 1" angle under my floor for the
support.  It's not
original, but then if you're not using original type replacement panels, this
probably isn't much of
an issue.  And I also work for a metal fabrication company, so getting the
aforementioned "scrap
pieces" for my various patching project is pretty easy.

Wally / Templeton, MA
53 3100 rod project