Re: [oletrucks] Draining Manifold

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Draining Manifold
From: "ROGER GLEASON" <rogerg@maverick.facil.uconn.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 08:30:29 -500
Go to the kitchen when the SHIMBO is not around and find the turkey
baster.. Looks like a long eyedropper only bigger about an inch in
diameter with a big red squeezy thing on the end... Pit the open end
into the intake and squeeze the red rubber thing and then release it
... It should suck all the gas out if not keep doing it until it
does... Empty the baster into a can or jar. Put the baster back after
cleaning it thoroughly...Next time you go to the hardware store buy
one for the garage... I use mine all the time.
Rogerg
51-3100 AD huckster

> A match!
>
> Seriously, you can't get a siphon hose in? I have a very inexpensive ($3-$4)
> plastic siphon hose that should suck it out. The siphon hose has a small
> ball on it similar to a small outboard boat motor tank that starts the
> siphon.
>
> Good luck
>
> Blaine Dumkee

> Well, I appear to have developed a severe case of Rochesteritis; my truck
> stopped working and I pulled the carb, the manifold is about an inch deep in
> gasoline...
>
> Barrett Revis
Roger Gleason
Uconn U-38
Office of Architectural and Engineering Services
Storrs, Connecticut 06269-3038