Re: [oletrucks] Fenton Headers for my Chevy

To: wac8019@erinet.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Fenton Headers for my Chevy
From: BDober@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 21:34:38 EDT
I've got that set up on my 54 AD (Fentons with Stock Intake). You can take
out the plug on the forward set of Fentons and run a copper tubing up into
base of the old stock intake using a plate on the base with a threaded copper
fitting. Don't know whether the warm exhaust or the heat transfer from the
copper itself does it but after a few minutes it'll heat up the intake just
fine for a smoorth ride. Its a bit of a trick to bend the tubing so buy some
extra (1/2" dia). Tom Langdon at Stovebolt sells the bolt on plates for the
intake for a few bucks if you want to save the hassle of making one up. I run
a set of Smitty's behind each with a 2 foot resonator after that, best
sounding exhaust I ever had.