[oletrucks] changing engines and transmissions

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] changing engines and transmissions
From: D56foster@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 00:16:34 EDT
 Greetings,
Well, I've been putting this project off for a while, but now I'm going for
it!
I lifted the orig. 265 V8 out of my '56 (anyone want it)?  Have the rebuilt
350 on an engine stand and am curious if anyone has been here-done this
before?  I bought a universal side mount V8 motor mount to upgrade from the
original front doughnut -- rear bell housing mounts.  I also got a universal
transmission mount for the TH350 I'm adding.
(anyone want a granny 4-speed)?  The problem I face is that these mounts
either need to be bolted in first-bad idea, or set the engine and trans. in
and adjust the mounts to fit.  I plan to use the front motor mounts
temporarily so I can set the engine in the same spot as the original one.
The rear mounts at the old bell housing won't be used, but the new trans.
mount can be located in the right spot and then bolted.
To make a short story longer, has anyone used these mounts in a TF and what
problems did you have.  Any brake or fuel lines in the way?  Will the parking
brake pivot get in the way? Suggestions?
                                Thanks in advance,    Dennis Foster
'56 3200
Berkeley CA