Re: [oletrucks] Spare tire mount

To: sculver@iwl.net (Charles Culver)
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Spare tire mount
From: Tom3600@webtv.net
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 08:22:12 -0500 (CDT)
--WebTV-Mail-32039-687

Hey Smokey -

I got a side mount spare tire bracket from Bass Pro truck accessories
div.  It actually was made to mount a spare tire on the inside of a
modern truck bed but works great on my '49 3600.  It fits real easy
between the exsisting two braces on the outside of the bed just behind
the cab. It has a cone shaped piece that screws down tight in the wheel
center. It is completely hidden behind the spare tire when installed.  I
can get more specific info. for you and tell you exactly how to do it if
you want.   Go to
http://www.chevytrucks.org/users/wayne/tom49side1.jpg
to see it on my truck.

Tom