Re: [oletrucks] Problem in 1st Gear with Clutch - Help

To: <BDober@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Problem in 1st Gear with Clutch - Help
From: john dorsey <jrdorsey@strato.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 20:13:55 -0400
Sounds like she glazed the clutch disc. Unlike glazing a ham or doughnut
this is not a good thing!

Best case scenario: Drive it for awhile it may work out.
Worst case scenario: replace clutch disc, pressure plate, and have
flywheel turned.

If it were open driveline I would pull the clutch and run a sander over
the disc with 80 grit, but with the trouble of a closed driveline I
think I would at least replace the disc.

I'll leave it to some one who has done one on an enclosed driveline to
tell you how.

--
John Dorsey
Wauchula, FL