Re: [oletrucks] Engine question

To: <EDigler2@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Engine question
From: "Jack Halton" <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 22:51:14 -0400
Ethan,

    Original engine should be a 228 inline 6. Confirm by reading the engine
number stamped on the distributor mounting pad on the block. First 3 numbers
should be the engine size. All Jimmy sixes 228/236/248/256/270/302 are
interchangeable, so lots of swaps were possible. These engines used to be
cheap.

Jack Halton
51 GMC 1/2 ton
Winter Park FL