Re: [oletrucks] Truck Engines

To: "john j tonyes" <flfox1@juno.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Truck Engines
From: "David Handley" <dph55@pdq.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 09:42:41 -0500
The chevy in the half ton was a 216 babbitt bearing dip and splatter, sorry
sort of lubrication system. The GMC had a real oiling system and was a 228
cubic inch . I believe GMC had full pressure oiling in the thirties. They
cost considerably more to rebuild but I for one say the result is far
superior and much longer lasting. It appears that the cost to totally
rebuild up to the gnats *** is about 300 to  500 dollars more.

David Handley
51 GMC 5 window