[oletrucks] I want to trade ...

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] I want to trade ...
From: "Hanlon, Bill" <Bill.Hanlon@COMPAQ.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 10:01:30 -0500
... my Canadian parts catalogue for a good half ton TF front hub.

Specifically, I have a 1955-1957 Chevrolet & GMC Truck Parts Catalogue
number 575 including revisions 1, 2 and 3.  It was published by
General Motors of CANADA Ltd.  It is dated July 1960.

It includes:

Model Cross Reference                   (Canadian <-> USA)
Serial Plate Identification             (Serial # Decoder)
Model Identification                    (Pictures of various models)
Model Information                       (Weight, wheelbase, liquid
capacities, H.P.)
Parts Data Index consisting of Groups 0-9,16 & 17
        Group           Parts covered
        0.              Engine & clutch
        1.              Cooling & Oiling
        2.              Electrical
        3.              Fuel & Exhaust
        4.              Transmission & Brake Control
        5.              Brake Operating & Rear Axle
        6.              Front Suspension & Steering
        7.              Springs & Bumpers
        8.              Sheet Metal & Heater Parts
        9.              Instruments
        16.             Windshield & Panels
        17.             Platforms & Panel Bodies
        Total of above is 482 pages.  Some are worn.  Some are dirty.
        A few have hand written notes.  All seem to be there.
        There is also an Alphabetic Index and a Numeric Index.
        Sections 10 thru 15 were NOT included in the original manual.
        They were NOT listed in the index.

I will also include the following sections from a 1958-1960 Chevrolet & GMC
Truck Parts Catalogue.  It is dated 1960.   It is also a CANADIAN
publication.

        Group           Description
        5.              Brake Operating & Rear Axle
        6.              Front Suspension & Steering
                        (Someone mistakenly removed page 519/520 and
inserted
                        an updated page 619/620 in it's place.  The original

                        pages had drawings of the 58/9 2.5 ton Front Axle
and
                        Front Axle cross section.)
        7.              Springs & Bumpers
        8.              Sheet Metal & Heater Parts
        9.              Instruments
        16.             Windshield & Panels
        17.             Platforms & Panel Bodies
        Accessories (including Air Conditioning!!)
        Alphabetical Index
        Part # Index

All the above documentation is in loose-leaf form.  No binder will be
included.

REMEMBER, THIS MANUAL USES CANADIAN MODEL NUMBERS AND IS NOT THE SAME AS
A USA-BASED CHEVROLET OR GMC MASTER PARTS MANUAL.  IT CONTAINS PARTS
INFORMATION FOR BOTH CHEVROLET AND GMC TRUCKS.  IT MAKES NO REFERENCE
TO THE PONTIAC-BASED V8's FOUND IN USA GMC TF TRUCKS, BUT DOES HAVE LISTINGS
FOR A 322 CUBIC INCH V8 THAT APPEARS TO BE BUICK-BASED.  THE FEW NON-V8
PART NUMBERS THAT I HAVE LOOKED UP IN THIS MANUAL ARE THE SAME AS I FIND
IN MY 1955-59 GMC MASTER PARTS MANUAL.

What I want in trade is GMC (and I believe Chevrolet) part # 3754160.
This is a 6-lug front hub for a GMC 1xx series.  Should be the same on
US Chevy 31xx series and Canadian 13xx series.  It needs to be in good
shape.  I do not care if it comes with a brake drum or lug bolts
attached, but the surfaces that the bearings mount in must be in very
good condition.

I think I can buy the hub for around $40 US so if someone wants to buy
the Canadian Parts Catalogue for that price I'd let it go.  I know
how hard it is to find documentation for these old beasts (I finally
found a US 55-59 GMC Master Parts Book - the reason I am letting the
Canadian catalogue go) and I just want to make sure that this catalogue
goes to a good home.

Ping me off list if you are interested.