[oletrucks] IFS brand recommendation

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] IFS brand recommendation
From: "BelAir Bob" <rogerz@planetwide.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 09:48:43 -0500
Friends,

I'm going to order the MII IFS for my niece's 57 3100 this week and have a
couple of questions ya'll might be able to help me with.

First, I like the looks and price of Heidt's Economy MII setup.  They have
just recenly developed this kit for TF trucks.  Has any one had any
experience with Heidt's units good or bad?

Second, the tech guy I talked to at Heidt's strongly recommended upgrading
to 11" rotors.  I know not to cut corners on the brake system, but are the
11" rotors that neccessary or is it just a way for Heidt's to get another
$95 out of me?

Third, many months back there was a discussion on the list about what
coating to use on brake rotors to protect/seal the surface until time to put
the truck on the road.  Did we ever come up with anything on that?  It may
be as mush as 2 years before this truck hits the streets and I don't want
the rotors to rust up in the mean time.

Thanks

Robert Rogers
57 Belair Sport Coupe restored to original
55 -5 3100 Wife's project
57 3100
and a few others