[oletrucks] 41 - 46 shock help

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 41 - 46 shock help
From: "Ole Trucks" <hollisbsa@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 18:25:28 EDT
I can only post using a dummy hotmail.com account so i am slow on the
response since i have to jump through hoops to post.

I think that a lot of the members are geting blocked over the last few weeks
- take a look at the total messages and we are down about 30% from last
month.

Now for the real question.  I bet Bob or Jack know how to do this.  Well I
am working on my shocks and and have ordered new bushings and pins along
with the new arms.  Well it looks so easy to push the new bushing into that
hole but I can not get it to go.  I have tried wraping the bushing in
waxpaper and tried pounding it in with a hammer.  Well I would guess there
is a very easy way to push that H shaped busing into that hole.

Also one of my rear shocks is dead - if I move the arm nonthing will happen.
  I saw a place that will rebuild them (I think for arount $150 each).  Is
there someone who sells a kit to rebuild like the wheel cylinders.  Is there
any place on the internet with information on how these shocks work?  What
is the downside of pulling one from the junk yard and using it as a
replacement.  Is it best to drain each shock and refill it with new juice.
I have order the juice for chev of the 40 last week - so i should have it
next week to try.

HElp,
Jim House
Hollis, NH