Re: [oletrucks] IFS brand recommendation

To: "Old GMC Pickup" <truxrme@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] IFS brand recommendation
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 12:59:36 -0700
I won't touch that one!!!

I will say that I have the Mustang II Crossmember from Fat Fendered Street
Rods in my 50 and the Heidt's unit in my other project and their both the
same.

I wouldn't install a Fatman Fabrication unit with adding side supports from
the crossmember to the inside of the frame as I've personnel met people
who's frame has bend with that design and needed rack time and the addition
of the above mentioned parts to cure the problem.

I like the units that weld or bolt on 3 sides for added frame support.

There are other suppliers out there Like the gentleman in Oregon or
Washington that I plan to review for future installations as an optional
vendor.  Everyone has to start somewhere and he seems to have alot of Racing
"frame design" background  and therefore testing to prove his products
safety and reliability.

Hope I haven't open that can of worms again, It's just my opinion.......

Joe Garcia
Yuba City, CA
1950 Chevrolet 3100

http://chevy1.freeservers.com/