Re: [oletrucks] IFS brand recommendation

To: "BORDER,RYAN (HP-FtCollins,ex1)" <ryan_border@hp.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] IFS brand recommendation
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 09:44:41 -0700
The problem that I've had the displeasure of see is frame twist and the need
for rack time to put everything back into alignment.

The side supports I'm talking about is nothing difficult it's just a small
angle plate welded from the inside upper corner of the crossmember to the
inside of the frame to added more strength to the frame.  Kind of like a
gusset "spelling"?

Notice how all the other crossmembers come up to cradle the frame on the
inside as well as the bottom.  They even include boxing plates for this
purpose!

I haven't dealt with Fatman in a while so who knows maybe they added that
brace to the kit?

What would even make matters worse is if you had to add C-notches to the
frame for steering rack clearance.

That's why I like a kit that welds to the frame on the inside and bottom.
Then with the addition of the top hat, the frame is basically welded on all
sides.

Not trying to scare you Ryan, just pointing out what I've seen in the past.

 I think Fatman has an excellent crossmember except it needs that additional
support.

Joe