Re: [oletrucks] Original straight axle with a SBC

To: gvwilhelm@home.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Original straight axle with a SBC
From: "Old GMC Pickup" <truxrme@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 20:45:26 CDT
Chevy Duty has a kit to relocate your steering gear box to out side of
orginal fram part # 71-975. You must use 1/2 ton 73-77' 2wd chevy power gear
box, And a pitman GM pitman arm the has 5 to 5 1/2" center holes. Then of
course you can get the 73-77' GM rotors at a local part store. I have done
this conversion on a 2wd truck I used to have. It was worth the effort, go
for it...

Shawn

http://profiles.msn.com.