RE: [oletrucks] non-power dual master cylinder?

To: "'mfeaster@ticnet.com'" <mfeaster@ticnet.com>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] non-power dual master cylinder?
From: "Hanlon, Bill" <Bill.Hanlon@COMPAQ.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 11:12:38 -0500
If the pistons in the dual MC are the same diameter (many are)
a proportioning valve would not be needed.

It probably isn't a bad idea to change out 50+ year old
brake lines just for safety's sake (that is why you are
changing to the dual MC), but standard size stock brake
lines can be used until you get near the MC.  At that point
rummage through the brass fittings bins at your FLAPS
to find whatever size adapters you need to get the
stock lines connected to the new MC.  Just remember that
brake lines use an inverted flare and so should whatever
fittings/adapters you use.  You will need a tubing cutter
and a flaring tool capable of making inverted flares.
Buy a couple of straight sticks of brake line from your
FLAPS to practice making the inverted flares before
attempting the real thing.