[oletrucks] more brake info.

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] more brake info.
From: "Armijo, Manuel L" <manuel.l.armijo@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 10:03:52 -0700
Thanks everyone.  The information you are sending is worth it's weight in
gold!  Or maybe some truck parts!  he he....
I agree with installing new brake lines, and plan to do that.  Auto Zone
here will rent the flaring tool, and napa has sections of straight line and
fittings.  The front line to the right wheel seems to have been pinched.
Perhaps by whoever swapped out the tranny?  And I would not feel right
unless I put in new lines.  I don't mind that they don't match original,
I'll use a tubing bender and get them "close enuf".

 I HAVE been accused of being "Mr. Safety", and my plans are to put in a
5-point safety belt system when I"m done, but I think I'll refrain from
wearing a helmet.

        Here's what I got.  I WAS going to use a Master Cyl/Booster from a
1987 Grand prix donor, but have since changed my mind to go with a non-power
system.  I DO have the prop valve from the Grand Prix and plan to use it.
But after looking at the small rotors from the grand prix, I might as well
just go with the larger discs.  They did look kinda small in proportion to
everything on the truck.  I think I'll make it STOP before I make it GO!

manny.