[oletrucks] Neat Tip

To: "OleTrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Neat Tip
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 18:06:07 -0500
I was refurbishing an exhaust manifold the other day.. you know.. new
spring, and new studs.. and the expected happened.. I broke the tap I was
using after drilling out the studs. The tap broke off right in the hole and
I had no way to get it out. After crying about it for awhile, I went to my
friend at the welding shop and he just smiles, puts the manifold in the
vise, gets out his torch and casually (as if he does this everyday) simply
blew the Tap right out of the hole. Seems the Taps metal melts at a lower
temp than would ruin the surrounding cast iron. It was almost sinful how
easy that Tap disappeared from that hole!

I need a Torch!!

Deve Krehbiel
Hesston, Kansas
1950 3100 * 1949 3600 * 1948 4400