[oletrucks] fuel injection

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] fuel injection
From: "Claude" <cramey@dashlink.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 21:21:23 -0500
Anyone with any TPI experience? I want to convert to fuel injection. I found
a guy that has a TPI from a '86 IROC Z. It's complete with distributor,
computer and harness. He says it was running when he took it off a wrecked
car. I am told, by painless wiring, I need a harness from painless for $273
and that I should convert to MAP instead of MAF (cleaner install and it's
broken anyway), and to do that I would need the '90 computer. He wants $500
but I think he'll take alot less. Maybe $250 or trade for my old 305 plus a
little cash.This system is dirty (like it came off of a '86 camaro). I don't
know of anyway to actually test or verify any of this but lets say if other
stuff is good:
$300(for the system)
$100(for new computer)
$273(wiring harness)