Re: [oletrucks] 235 Hydraulic Lifters

To: "oletrucks@autox.team.net" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 235 Hydraulic Lifters
From: Gordon Groves <ggroves100@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 19:00:24 -0700
Well I got this thing licked finally ! I installed the new lifters(
$144.00 cha-ching!) and double checked the adjustment and got it all
buttoned up and timed and when I lit it up it was horrid like 4 diesels
running at the same time ! I was heartbroken and decide to just drive it
home and work on it another day ... but first a spin over to my shop (10
min) to drop off my tool box and darned if a block away it doesn't get
quit as a mouse no noise at all ! Now I had pre filled each lifter and
double checked everything but must have missed some air or something but
its running better and stronger than ever I think I must have had a
valve or two that wasn't fully closing  , but its fine now (knock knock
knock)

Thanx for all the help it was nice to have moral support as well as
great advice .

Gordon Groves