Re: [oletrucks] New Guys

To: Kent Dalton <kentdalton@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] New Guys
From: "Alan D. Gingles" <agingles@nucleus.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 18:35:35 -0600
Kent Dalton wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> My father and I have newly purchased a 1951 GMC 1/2 ton. I have followed the
> list for a bit and it looks very helpful. Your collective expertise will be
> called upon for sure. We are in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and this is a
> Canadian truck V.I.N. 1931413103. The body and trim numbers are a mystery to
> me as is the paint code, body 4826, trim 394, paint 130. It also came with
> two fresh air heaters, one on the truck and one sitting on the floor of the
> cab. The bolted in one has a large blue "Harrison" emblem on it and the one
> on the floor has a red "GM" emblem. Who is the right one? This and no doubt
> many more questions.Thanks in advance
>
> Kent
> kentdalton@hotmail.com
> 1951 GMC 9314

Hi Kent,

Welcome to the list, and a big hello from another Calgarian! I'll admit that I'm
a rodder, not a restorer, but we're all in it for the same basic reason...old
trucks! Email me off the list, or look me up in the phone book and give me a
call sometime. I always enjoy getting together and discussing old trucks with
people. You may also want to watch the list for Gordon Wilhelm, he's another
local guy.

Alan

--
Alan & Karen Gingles