[oletrucks] Pertronix ignitor

To: <bgibson@internetwork.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Pertronix ignitor
From: "Alan Lubow" <alosteo@uswest.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 19:31:46 -0600
Billy:

I bought one from CBS in Colo Spgs. and was very happy with their service.
The unit worked great for a while -- until it bonked.  Now it is entirely
possible that I may have messed it up somehow.  These are known to be very
sensitive to voltage and do have to be set up right or they will fry, and I
mean right now!

I am currently running a Mallory Unilite distributor (part # 4518001)
purchased from Century online for $289.00.
Bolted right in, just like they said it would.  This was recommended to me
by the tech at Chevy Duty, and it looks a whole lot like the one in the
Patricks catalog (for a little more $, as you might expect).  Also was
recommended in a newsletter I look forward to each month, "Auto Restorer."

Alan