Re: [oletrucks] Fw: Tricks of the Trade

To: Don Slaney <ppm@dlcwest.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Fw: Tricks of the Trade
From: New Mexico Jim <ADvent@thuntek.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 07:11:32 -0600
    See that question mark in the URL? Everythinh after that is a code to
identify you! They got your number as a spam reader. So, it is possable,
although I am not saying they are, for them to sell your e-mail adress on the
"sucker" list and sell it to companies who exchange snail mail or e-mail
addresses for profit..
    So, if you want to check out site without being identafied this way, delete
evervything, including the question mark, to the right. If they do this, they
might be into sneaky coookies, as well. Or mouse induced e-mail capturing might
be their thing by making all or part of a page an invisable image that will
steal without your consent or knowledge your e-mail adress and possably other
information, too. And we think its safe to leave the the front yard.