Re: [oletrucks] HEI Distributor / Pertronix

To: Don Slaney <ppm@dlcwest.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] HEI Distributor / Pertronix
From: New Mexico Jim <ADvent@thuntek.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 07:33:12 -0600
I have a Stovebolt.com  unit in my '50 and it doesn't look my  82's S10 at all.
The 2.8 liter in my S10 is tall and skinny. As I remember, the coil looks the
same. My '50 ½ ton's 235's HEI's cap is about 5 inches or so in diameter and the
coil is not intergraded in the cap. The coil is mounted to one of the original
coil bolt holes on the head. I sure like the unit. This unit is the most
reliable thing on our trucks. I think the 2.8's HEI would look a lot nicer that
this old humungus unit.