RE: [oletrucks] RE: oletrucks-digest V2 #1091

To: "'Blaine & Maggie Dumkee'" <bmdumkee@auroranet.nt.ca>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] RE: oletrucks-digest V2 #1091
From: "Hanlon, Bill" <Bill.Hanlon@COMPAQ.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 15:12:52 -0500
Similar situation back in 1963.  A friend had a 60 F%^d Falcon.
Left the light switch on for a week and totally drained the
battery.  Mistakenly hooked up the battery charger backwards.
The battery took the (backwards) charge changing the system
to a positive ground system.  Everything on the car worked
(at least as well as any 60 F$%d Falcon worked) except the
radio.  It took us a long time to figure out that the whole
system was inverted.  Once we did, we left the lights on for
two days, charged the battery back up the right way and
the Falcon was as good as ever.  The radio had a series diode
in the power input lead which blocked reverse polarity to
prevent damage to the radio.