[oletrucks] Mecca 2 (long)

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Mecca 2 (long)
From: Brad Newman <bkn6@airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 17:04:54 -0500
Wow!
The response to my question regarding the "AD Mecca" that I found last
week has been overwhelming; thank you all for your ideas, wants, needs
and humor (since posting the original message, I have discovered that I
have 3 long lost brothers and a whole gaggle of old high
school/college/army buddies that have been looking for me since we
somehow or another lost touch all those years ago ..................). I
will eventually respond to each e-mail individually, but thought that I
would start with the shotgun approach.
To move that many vehicles/parts over any distance, much less from
Colorado to Texas, is going to be at the least "logistically
challenging", not to mention extremely expensive. To make matters worse,
if I were able to move them all I'm still not sure that I have a place
here that I can afford to put them, or that I will be able to store them
in for any length of time. I've had a week or so to think about the
different ways to handle this, and have come up with what may be a good
deal for all of us that are interested. First, I think I /we need to do
one or more of the following:
a) lighten the load (reduce the number of vehicles/parts)
b) shorten the distance traveled
c) bring in partners
I've talked to some friends of mine in the Denver area that have the
room to store and secure MOST of the vehicles/parts, and better yet they
are only an hour or so away from the stash. I proposed to them that if
they were willing to transport/store/disassemble/inventory (with my/our
help) all of the trucks/parts, that I would either buy outright or raise
the cash to buy all of the trucks/parts in the yard, and split the
profits (either as an individual or a group) on the future parts sales
with them. They have tentatively agreed, so here is my idea (if they
fall through, there may be other individuals in southern Colorado
willing to do the same):
Several of you have offered to partner up on this venture, either in
cash/land/muscle or whatever, and there have also been a bunch of you
that have put in orders for parts or trucks. Whoever is interested, lets
(as a group) put up the cash to buy the lot ($17,000) which comes out
somewhere in the neighborhood of $1700-$4250 each, depending on the
number of investors. In return, you will get your pick of up to 5 trucks
(I've already claimed one suburban!), at least one of the spare engines,
a $300 gift certificate good towards the purchase of any parts in the
future (you pay for shipping when you use it), and an equal share of the
pie (this percentage depends on the number of people investing divided
by the remaining 50% of the shares).
If 4 people want in, then all would get 5 trucks and 5 engines, 5 people
get 4 trucks and engines, 6 people get 3 trucks/engines, etc. (for the
record, you are responsible for picking up and transporting your new
goodies, and you can do with them as you see fit). I would like to limit
the number of partners to 10, but any number under that will work.
Well, there it is in a nutshell. If you are interested email me directly
for more details. Hopefully I didn't cross any lines by offering this
here; I am not trying to make any money other than from the eventual
sale of the parts, and thought that others may wish to do the same.
Also, if you have any specific parts requests, I will be doing a
detailed inventory of the place in the next few weeks, so let me know.
Thanks
Brad Newman
Coppell, Texas
BR-549